Home Learning Guidance
In the event of longer-term school closures:
- Class teachers will use Seesaw to provide guidance and activities for the children.
- Children should complete these tasks and upload completed work for the teacher’s attention and comments.
- Only tasks set on Seesaw should be uploaded for the teachers’ attention;
- Reading regularly is ESSENTIAL. We recommend that the children read aloud for a minimum of twenty minutes each day. This means you can hear their level of fluency, ask them to clarify word meanings and ask some questions about the plot and characters in the story.
- P1-P3: Oxford Owl has numerous e-books and other activities that support our reading scheme. The teachers will direct you, each week, to specific books relevant to your child.
- P4-P7: children should continue to read their Accelerated Reader books. While they will not have access to our library books, the Libraries NI App has amazing access to e-books and e-magazines.
- P4-P7: for the period of school closures the children will be able to take AR quizzes from home (see the link below); please encourage them to do so and to keep aiming for their target and beyond, word millionaire etc.
- Your child’s teacher will also recommend, through Seesaw:
- other essential learning that should be continued at home, eg- spellings / number facts; and
- useful educational apps.
- P4-P7 children have access to My School from home; this is the interface that all children and young people use in Northern Ireland to access online tools and applications. Your child will have a username and password to access the website. Google My School; click link on Login My School; enter your child's user name and password.
- Children who use Mathletics and / or Lexia should continue to use these sites from home.
- There are a selection of useful links under the "Useful Links For Home Learning" section of our website